Thursday, January 29, 2009

More wise words........


from Leila over at http://ourmothersdaughters.blogspot.com/2009/01/buy-low-sell-high-or-efficient-frugal.html

"I don't decorate. I put my pretty things around, but I don't decorate."

(Poor lady, she probably imagines I am stalking her :). I just love her blog and her perspective on life.)

How true. I've often wondered how/why people hire a decorator to decorate their home. To me, it seems what you have in your space should be things that inspire and delight *you*. A personal thing. How can someone else interpret that for you? I guess people can try and do make a good living at it. ;) I don't know how *I* could do that for anyone else ( not that anyone else would want me to;). I mostly just find things I really like and look for ways to incorporate them around here.
I really like that definition.

No comments:




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.