Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Daybook Week of January 12, 2009


FOR TODAY . . .

Outside my window. . . Snowing again! We've had lots of snow recently, although not a huge accumulation.

I am thinking. . . about trying to get out and about today before the temps take a nose dive for the rest of the week.

I am thankful for. . . a dh who is a computer whiz :)

From the schoolroom. . . I am relieved that I got a good bit of school stuff organized over the weekend since we were snowed in on Saturday.....including a couple boxes of books and paraphernalia that have been sitting in the basement for months!

From the kitchen. . . Last night we had butter chicken, with basmati rice. We found these little packets of the sauce on Amazon and they are out of this world!

Made some banana bread. I have loads of frozen bananas from a deal I got on them weeks ( months?) back.

I am wearing. . . brown track suit and crocs. What I plan to wear? Short gray jumper with patterned knit hoodie over.

I am going. . . I've REALLy got to get Naomi to the mall to take back some Christmas stuff this week. I think the expiration date on doing that is Thursday.....but it is supposed to be SO cold all week. :) Dangerously cold, that is. Plus we both have gift cards we are itching to use!

I am reading. . . Georgiana and Elizabeth. More English history.

I am hoping. . . we can get all our thank you notes done this week. They are waaaayyy overdue.

I am hearing. . .just the furnace running.

Around the house. . . almost have all the Christmas stuff down. Now it just needs to get back up in the attic. Got the boys room finished ( painting). They don't want to put their beds back together but want to sleep on the floor with their mattresses? I don't know what I think about that, it bothers me, but I don't see the harm. Laundry was organized yesterday, but it is back to it's usual state this am.

One of my favorite things. . . scordalia from Greektown! Who knew potatos, garlic and beets could be such a terrific combo? ;)

A few plans for the rest of the week. . . Dyl has a basketball game Wed. Other than that I am hoping to stay in and keep warm. After I get to the mall, of course.....

and the kids are bugging to go to the library.

Sunday Al and I took Dylan down to Greektown to celebrate his birthday. Later I took some of the kids sledding.

Here is picture thought I am sharing. . .My newest 18 year old. Happy Birthday Dylan!!!

No comments:




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.