Friday, January 23, 2009
7 Quick Takes Friday
1. Did you know that if you put a coconut in the medicine cabinet it will crack the mirrored door when you close it? I guess that wasn't evident to a 5 yo.
2. I have to say I shed a few tears watching the inauguration this week. A bit because of pride in our democracy, more because I felt REALLY bad for President Bush. It seemed very sad watching the media glory in the new president's inauguration after the way they treated him. Whatever you think about his politics, there was no reason for the vitriol and nastiness he had to deal with. He has furthered gained my admiration for sticking it out and hanging tough.
3. We finally made it. To Sonic, that is :). I decided to try going around 1:30-2 PM. My theory was the lunch crowd would be gone and the after school crowd not there yet. There were still 15 cars in the drive-thru, but by some strange Providence, we found a drive in spot. I was sure the fact that it was empty meant you had to wait an hour for someone to bring out your food, but I was pleasantly suprised by the speedy delivery. Yes, it was worth the wait. ;)
4. I opened a few windows today because it was about 35 degrees and felt REALLY warm.
5. What is better, no naps (for the preschoolers) and an early bed time or vice versa? Hard to say some days. :)
6. I keep getting busted by the "no sledding" police. Once at the Clinton Macomb rec area.....we found some smaller hills that were just perfect for the littles, ( and there were lots of people there when we first arrived, but started thinning out just as we were getting started....I guess we missed the memo). A security guard came by ( quite agitated, I might add) and told us we had to get off. Yesterday we tried going at George George. We found a little hill and had some fun but as I was walking back to the car with sleds in hand a caretaker was riding through the park and was giving me dirty looks. He was far enough away not to be able to talk to me, and I guess he saw that I was leaving so went on. I fully expect a *no sledding* sign there the next time we go.
I guess the world is not our oyster. :)
7. Aretha Franklin's hat ROCKED! I bet hats will make a comeback because of it. I love them, but don't think they look particularly attractive on me. :)
at 2:19 PM
Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.