Friday, February 13, 2009

Quick takes Friday


1. I'm not sure I am always happy about warm, spring- like days in February. That probably says a lot about my character. :) I anticipate them. I enjoy them while they are here. I feel like it is a cruel joke once they are gone.

You know, you get in a winter's groove. You get used to wearing a warm coat, hat, gloves, scarf when you step outside. Your boots are right by the door. You know which sweaters fit and which don't. Then you get one of these glorious days that remind you. There WERE days when you didn't have to wear three pairs of socks, and you could open the windows ( instead of taping them shut and covering them with plastic, plywood and a blanket to keep out the draft) and the kids could simply go outside without taking 2 hours to get them bundled up. :) And they will come again, but never soon enough at this time of year.

But I'm not complaining. No, I'm not. :)

2. Another thing that isn't always pleasant except when it means that spring is REALLY here is melting snow. What really appalls me are the mounds of debris that is left once it is gone, especially around here. It looks like someone took a 39 gallon garbage bag and dumped it on the lawn RIGHT before the snow hit. :)

3. Sign I saw posted at Church.

"All unattended children will be given an espresso and a free puppy." LOL!

4. Thought to ponder:

Dorothy Sayers: "In the world it is called Tolerance, but in hell it is called Despair, the sin that believes in nothing, cares for nothing, seeks to know nothing, interferes with nothing, enjoys nothing, hates nothing, finds purpose in nothing, lives for nothing, and remains alive because there is nothing for which it will die."



5. Aren't little girls cute? ( see above photo)

6. Have mothers ever been featured on "Dirty Jobs" ? ( Having a 2 yo who likes to take off her diaper after a certain bodily function and then tries to sit on the toilet and other places before we can catch her brings this to mind...as well as a barfing 6 yo....., certain ghosts who spill things in the refrigerator waaay in the back and forget to clean it up, have you ever cleaned a bathroom that 8 boys use on a regular basis?!?!.....and on and on it goes. I never watch the show, so maybe they have. But if they haven't, they should.

7. Oh dear- much too many grumbles in this one. I think I should go back to my Sonic obsessing.

No comments:




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.