Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Daybook September 29th 2008


Don’t forget to stop by Peggy’s for all the links entered in this week’s Simple Woman’s Daybook.

For Today....going to a symposium on Michigan immigration with my Dad. Library book sale this evening.

Outside my Window… still dark and chilly....I think fall has really arrived, and yet the cool weather clothes are still packed away in the attic.

I am thinking…..feeding 12 people on a daily basis. I have been noticing over the past few months I am not making enough food for dinner. We rarely have leftovers and often there isn't left anything for Al when he gets home from work! I guess we are going through a *shift*. More big people than little now. 3 adults, 4 teens ( although I would wager my 3 teenage boys eat more than the average adult :) 2 preteen boys and the 3 under 5.

Time to revamp quantities!

I am thankful for…..Tim working at home.

From the kitchen…..spice cake, brownies, meatloaf, ....the newly fixed oven is getting a good workout!


I am creating…..yay--I get to revisit my floral designer years this week as Dyl is going to a homecoming dance and asked me to make the corsage ( or nosegay....whatever she decides ;)

I found a great Colonial crafts book at the library with actual useful and crafty things I think the boys will like.....all while tying in what life was like in the Colonial time :) I'm geeked! ( enough to order metal bottle caps off the internet last night for a project.......you can get just about anything off the internet...can't you? :)

I am wearing ....blue track pants, brown track jacket with blue trim, crocs.

I am reading.... Finished The Stuart Dynasty. . .. this one pretty much made my head swim. If ever there was a case to be made for keeping religion out of politics, there was ample evidence here. On the other hand, I surely know that what one believes shapes ones politics, and rightly so. How to accomplish some balance without chopping off people's heads or burning them at the stake ( figuratively or irl) is the goal :)

Trying to decide to keep on with "Imperial Lady" or "Varina Davis, First Lady of the Confederacy".

I am hoping…I can overcome some bad habits which are relentlessly staring me in the face this week.

I am hearing....Jax, Jed and Manny are watching the "Hobbit"

Around the house…painted the benches in the family room. They really aren't all that aesthetically pleasing, but sturdy AS CAN BE. I painted them a brownish color (Chippendale) and it is definitely an improvement. Finally put the finishing touches on the laundry room and sewing room.

One of my favorite things…...cool and rainy fall days.

A few plans for the rest of the week…trying to find a way not to run all over town for grocery shopping *deals*. Every store has them, of course, and they are hard to pass up when you need to stick to a budget and feed lots of people! Soccer marches on. Naomi has an art class tomorrow, but maybe I can get Dyl to take her!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you…my new grand nephew, Graham. (with mom and dad) What is sweeter to a family than the addition of a new little life?

No comments:




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.