Monday, October 27, 2008

Daybook October 27th, 2008

For Today....the little boys need to go to the dentist and I have a big laundry job to take care of. I think our washer and dryer were planning mischief together because they both broke on the same day! ( add that to the broken refrigerator and my theory that things break down in three's is sound) The dryer just needed a new belt, but the washer Tim can't figure out.....
so it's off to the laundromat with about 4 days worth of unwashed clothes.

Outside my Window… dark, windy and COLD.

I am thinking…..the Chinese.

I am thankful for….. I really am thankful that we get our refridge replaced at no cost! It's taking awhile, but you can't look a gift horse in the mouth.

From the kitchen….we had our first turkey of the season last night! :) I love turkey. You are nearly always guaranteed that there will be enough food for dinner without thinking too much about it and since it was only 74 cents a pound, a good deal for us!




I am creating…..I don't think this is going to be a very creative week.



I am wearing ......black knit capri's, grey hooded sweatshirt. Haven't dressed for the day :)

I am reading.... Well, I gave up on Imperial Lady after reading three quarters of it. Forgive me for critiquing the great Pearl S Buck but I just don't like her writing style. I can't think of a better word to describe it, but too "frilly" for me. So, I found an actual biography of Empress Cixi and started reading that ( and perusing some other titles on Chinese history). I also took out *The Last Emperor* dvd from the library and although I already watched this a few years back, it makes more sense to me now that I am starting to ponder China. A bit, anyway.


I am hoping…..I can keep everything straight this week. There is a lot going on.

I am hearing....quiet.

Around the house…well, we had a rip-roaring day on Saturday. I started painting the hallway, and George, who has been itching to do this, started breaking up the tiles in the kitchen. He really gave it his all and just about finished ( which is impressive because the kitchen/hallway is a good bit of real estate in this house) I helped the little boys clean up their room ( ugh!), made further progress switching out the summer/winter clothes ( more bags to send to Good Will:) cleaned out my attic closet ( another ugh!), organized/cleaned the dining room ( always a wreck after a week of school) and ran to the store, library and farmer's market.

One of my favorite things: a soft, newborn babe :)

A few plans for the rest of the week…..dentist appointments, soccer tournaments, family parties, and oh yeah- Halloween! ;)


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you

No comments:




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.