Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Daybook October 5, 2008


For Today....We stayed home and did all the school we possibly could. My head hurts.

Outside my Window… Damp and rainy, but not too chilly.

I am thinking…..about Franciscan spirituality

I am thankful for…..good textbooks. There is such a big difference between the feeling of success while teaching with a good book and one that isn't working or is difficult to understand. Duh.

From the kitchen…..celebrating apples this week, I think. I made apple dumplings for the first time. They were mighty tasty, so much so that when I came down to eat one after bathing the babies, there weren't any left! That nice Jackson gave me what was left on his plate :) ( don't feel too badly, I made applecrisp, too ;)

Today we made applesauce and chocolate muffins ( with applesauce in the recipe).


I am creating…..I made a wrist corsage for the first time in a long time. I don't know if Dyl was just schmoozing me, but he said it was a hit. I used white ( with flecks of red) alstromeria, red mini carnations ( which aren't my favorite, but after hitting two places for flowers....and being sorely disappointed in the selection and quality, these did fine), black velvet ribbon and some little opaque do-dads I found at Micheal's. Dyl and Rachel were wearing black with red accents.


I am wearing ....brown, cream and turquoise skirt, turquoise knit top, crocs ( well, these are my house shoes :) and brown and turquoise drop earrings.

I am reading.... American Scoundrel and Imperial Lady. First Lady had to go back to the library, so that made my decision for me.


I am hoping…...my energy holds out for the rest of the day!

I am hearing....Sponge Bob and Ella chattering.

Around the house…still need to paint. I think we are having the family over in a week or so, so maybe that will motivate me to get going ;)

One of my favorite things…...finishing our school day! I still have papers to check, but it is nice to have it over and done with.

A few plans for the rest of the week…..Yesterday we took Noah and Naomi to their classes and went over to Stoney Creek. We happened upon a wonderful trail in the nature center area. We were all in awe of the sights we beheld. It was beautiful and idyllic. Off to the library next.

Took the kids to catechism later on, took Noah to drivers ed and went to mass and a Fransciscan Third Order exploration meeting.

Tomorrow is a high school graduation planning meeting for Dyl ( already! :) and lunch with my mom before she heads off to Italy. Friday we are hoping for the zoo. The last of the soccer games are this weekend.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you

No comments:




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.