Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

I can't be too effusive about Easter this year. Well, I can be effusive about Easter in general, because there is lots to be effusive about. Our celebration of it, was, well, a little lackluster due to illness.
But, that isn't the main point of it all, is it?
The table was bright and cheery, at least. ;) We had roast lamb, beef tenderloin, sauteed fingerling potatoes with caramelized onions, rolls, layer salad, and sauteed asparagus w/ garlic. Fried ice cream for dessert.
We made these on Good Friday.

Noah will never get over that I got him beef jerky from the Dollar Store
Manny probably won't be too happy with me some day for posting this picture. We all got a chuckle out of it.
And, despite Jed's appearance I just had to publicly document what a naughty marker boy he is. Marker dots all over his shirt and on his forehead. Didn't I say I was going to ban them from the house? It's terrible having selective memory when you find them on clearance at Walgreen's.
I so wish we had only taken a picture of Sissy with her pretty Easter dress on. I look like the wrath of God.
With good reason. Manny got up at 4 am crouping away. We made a couple trips to the bathroom and ran the shower for steam and finally he calmed down. I had had an on and off headache for the past three days ( not one that knocked me out, but just hung around and made things unpleasant). I had 4 children with coughs and 2 that appear tohave bronchitis. Poor Naomi has laryngitis. Ella was feverish ( and later threw up just as we were sitting down to eat:) We were the only two church-goers Easter morning. The big boys went to the Vigil.
There, I got all my complaining out.
Thank goodness for half off cadbury mini eggs. ;)

No comments:




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.