Thursday, September 11, 2008

Home-making meme )pictures are of raspberry picking...somewhat Martha Stewart-esque :)



Aprons- Y/N? If yes, what does your favorite look like?

Yes. I like aprons a lot. My favorite one is greenish with pink cabbage roses on it :)

Baking - Favorite thing to bake?

I'd like to bake anything right now since I haven't been able to much because of broken oven :(

Clothes line - Y/N?
Tried one last year, but.....kept falling down.




Donuts - Have you ever made them?

uh, just the cut- out biscuit kind.

Everyday - One homemaking thing you do everyday.

Clean up the dining room and do laundry.

Freezer - Do you use a deep freeze?

We'd be lost without it.

Garbage Disposer - Y/N?

Yes.

Handbook - What's your favorite homemaking resource?

Busted my chops on "Good Housekeeping Cookbook", now I use ALLRECIPES exclusively. Other than that I haven't found much to help me in homemaking endeavors, only things that make me feel guilty I'm such a slacker ;)

Ironing - Love It or Hate it?

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Junk Drawer - Y/N? If yes, where is it?

We have too many junk drawers. :)

Kitchen - Color and decorating scheme.

Sage walls over white .....escapes me what you call it, not paneling, but not dry wall, exactly :)
Plates, platters and some pictures on the wall. Black appliances. I don't want to talk about my kitchen floor which is my nemesis right now.
Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking?

I like just about all of it but cleaning out the refrigerator. :)

Mop - Y/N?

Swiffer, usually.
Nylons, machine or hand wash?

Machine wash but line dry.

Oven - Do you use the window or open the oven to check?

Open the door.

Pizza - What do you put on yours?

mushrooms and olives are the favorites

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?

read.

Recipe Card Box - Y/N?

no. I've really got to organize my recipes, I get most of them off of the internet....since my printer isn't working I usually hand copy them and then have them tucked into drawers or my file....disasterous!
Style of house - What style is your house?

All brick outside. Half was built in the 40's, with lots of wood and plaster and the other half was built in the 80's, with lots of carpet and cardboard :) walls. You might guess which half I like better :) Upstairs, downstairs and basement. Two staircases.
Tablecloths and napkins?

Well, I have quite a collection of them, but we use them rarely...especially the napkins :)

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?

A little of both.

Vacuum - How many times per week?

Try to do it everyday. Ugh!

Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do per week?

5 loads per day, except Sunday, on average. No, I don't do it all. The older kids do their own.

X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?

Sometimes.

Yard - Y/N? Who does what?

Older boys mow and weedwhack. I do whatever landscaping/flower planting. You'll notice a certain someone who's name I will not reveal is missing from involvement here ;)

ZZZ's - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?

Usually make sure whatever laundry is in the washer gets in the dryer.

No comments:




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.