Monday, May 19, 2008

Sometimes I wonder about myself.......

I just got done watching "Riding the Range" Backyardigans episode. *I* was the one who got it out of the library and was excited to find it!
My kids don't ever watch the show, but one time I happened to catch this particular episode and was hooked. I think it must have been one of those sick days when everyone is camped out in front of the tv and not caring what was on. I tried to find it on Amazon. I tried downloading the songs on Napster ( not the same as watching the little animals sing and dance with them :)
I nearly did a handstand and backflip when I saw it at the library.

I don't know why I am drawn to cheesiness. I mean, my 5 yo won't even watch this show because he thinks it is dumb!

I also like High School Musical 1 and 2. Ok, it took a lot to admit that so please don't throw any tomatoes. Whenever I watch it I feel like hiding up in my room with the curtains drawn. I understand how cheesy it is, I really do, yet I just can't stop myself. Every time it is on and I know about it I tune in. I especially like the baseball scene in HSM 2. I don't think I will be able to bring myself to go to the theater to watch the third episode, though. It will come out on DVD soon enough-right? I could order it online and no one would know the better!
My kids roll their eyes but I know they like it too. HA!

Lately I have been listening to ELO's Greatest Hits. Another thing I WOULD feel a bit squeamish about if it wasn't for the fact that it is Al's CD! He seems pretty hip and cool when it comes to musical taste, so maybe it is just a matter of things coming in vogue. :) Maybe I am ahead of my time. :) Or maybe enjoying cheesiness is just a break from pondering and wrangling with brain stretching issues. I guess everyone needs a vacation from them at times.

Gotta go-maybe I can catch another view of Backyardigans before I have to take it back to the library this afternoon. ;)

No comments:




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.