Thursday, August 21, 2008


Simple Woman’s Daybook for August 14, 2008

Don’t forget to stop by Peggy’s for all the links entered in this week’s Simple Woman’s Daybook.

For Today.....school and the like.

Outside my Window… looks like a the beginning of a nice day.

I am thinking…..not what I want, what is.

I am thankful for…really beautiful weather this week. A good start to our school year.

From the kitchen…nothing too exciting. Tried broccoli rice casserole ( used to make it all the time years ago) and it was pretty well received. ;)

I am creating…..hmmm, not much.

I am going…..you know, we have been able to be home a lot this week and it has been terrific!

I am wearing .....brown shorts, dark pink shirt, ball cap ( bad hair day) and brown tennis shoes.

I am reading…Buddhism for Mother's. Embracing Uncertainty, The Hapsburgs, Royal Survivor.

I am hoping…can't think of anything I am really hoping for. I guess I am hoping the sod laying is a success and I won't have to bathe the littles every hour on the hour from them playing back there in all the dust and/or mud depending upon the weather! ;)

I am hearing....the tv- what else? :(

Around the house…getting some sod for the backyard tomorrow. Should I or should I not tear up the kitchen floor without any clue ( or $$) as to what to do once it is torn up? :)

One of my favorite things…cool, summer evenings

A few plans for the rest of the week…dr appt, shopping.....already went to Sam's and spent 500$ Ugh! What a discouragement. I remember when we went shopping for Al's graduation party I spent 500 at Sam's and thought that was an astronomical amount, this was just for everyday stuff ( with a couple extras......but still) Grocery prices HAVE really gone up. grrrr

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you…more pickle pics from our resident photographer....Naomi. Yes, we went through 2 gallon jars and 2- 2 quart jars of fresh pickles in a WEEK!

No comments:




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.