Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Simple Woman’s Daybook for August 10, 2008

Don’t forget to stop by Peggy’s for all the links entered in this week’s Simple Woman’s Daybook.

For Today..... cleaned out the garage, cleaned up the backyard, got caught up on laundry, did a bit of shopping.

Outside my Window… rainy this afternoon. Didn't expect it.

I am thinking…..about attachments.

I am thankful for…cooler temps in August. Who-hoo! Maybe we can make it through the month without a heat wave. ;)

From the kitchen…pickles, pickles and more pickles. Made by my dear husband! I got a box of pickling cukes for $2.00 at the fruit market and he was so excited to have some kosher-type dills, he did it himself. Oh yeah! Peach pie was made tonight (by me :).

I am creating…..a cleaner, more organized house this week.

I am going…..another graduation party......:) :) library tomorrow, Feast of the Assumption, Friday.

I am wearing .....brown pinstripe capri's. brown, red, beige, green floral top, brown flip flops

I am reading…Buddhism for Mother's. No, I am not giving up Catholicism and studying to be a Buddhist ;). I truly admire some of what they teach, specifically control of the thoughts and being detached from either the good OR the bad in life. Same stuff Jesus taught, but modern christians seem to ignore this kind of theology.

I am hoping…to get this house in tip top shape so we can start school next week. I think I've said this before, but I am REALLY trying to make an effort to clean and organize AND keep our schedule clear next week.

I am hearing..something sport-y on the tv. 3 of the big boys are camped out in front of it.

Around the house…cleaned up kitchen ( includes clean top of fridges!) clean garage, laundry done, backyard looking better. Still on the docket.....basement, family room ( grrrrr- the room that NEVER stays clean for more than a minute.

One of my favorite things…homemade pie

A few plans for the rest of the week…already stated. :)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you

3 comments:

Kris said...

i think u need a couple more pictures of Gabriella on ur blog.

Kris said...

from naomi

Kris said...

there can never be too many pictures of Gabriella on my blog

muwhaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.