Thursday, July 10, 2008

Simple Women's Daybook


Simple Woman’s Daybook for July 14, 2008

Don’t forget to stop by Peggy’s for all the links entered in this week’s Simple Woman’s Daybook.

For Today..... I am furiously trying to clean since a heat wave is on the way. With no central air, the heat zaps the life out of us most of the time :)

Outside my Window… A bright, sunny day and about 80 degrees. My favorite summer weather. I've got some ideas for sprucing up the backyard, and it is cleaner than it has been.

I am thinking…a lot about plans to do up a basement bedroom. I've got so many ideas and fun things to decorate it with.

I am thankful for…that we live near beautiful lakes....and now a beautiful park.

From the kitchen…the oven felt like working today so I made an apple crumb pie ( George's request for his belated birthday dinner, he wanted to wait until brothers arrived home) blueberry muffins and chicken linquine. I got bananas out to make banana bread, but didn't get to it. I also made a marinade for our steaks, but that didn't involve the oven. ;)

I am creating…gosh- more pillows, a chair cover, a bookcase cover ( to cover a cheap bookcase). A chair pad cover.

I am going…to VBS this week, a graduation party and....that'll do it ;) We also took a walk/bike ride ( depending on the person) to our new park today and went to the lake (Huron) yesterday.

I am wearing…khaki bermudas, a coral and white ( with a thin stripe of aqua) polo and aqua thongs ( on my feet, that is).

I am reading…"The No-S Diet" ( another on my research list of eating plans....or maybe instead of saying research I mean that the more books I can find on the subject the longer I can put off actually trying to lose weight and eat better ;). "Thomas Jefferson's Women" "All the President's Children" "White House Families".

I am hoping…for a resolution to an issue this week and time to go to a new oratory I found nearby.

I am hearing…Ratatouille on tv, Ella chatting and singing.

Around the house…the laundry room is done but for a few knick knacks I want to hang on the wall! If I could only get the upstairs cleaned and the family room needs a total overhaul...although I don't see that happening this week. Maybe.

One of my favorite things…sitting on the beach and reading.

A few plans for the rest of the week…sewing, maybe I can start painting the basement, cleaning,

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you

No comments:




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.