Monday, December 1, 2008





For Today....finish painting the kitchen. School. General "after the weekend" cleaning. :)

Outside my Window…sort of mild. We were SUPPOSED to get some snow, but it didn't happen here. :(

I am thinking…..I'm just about done with Christmas shopping. Yahoo!

I am thankful for…..I am just about done with Christmas shopping. Yahoo!

From the kitchen…not much has been coming out of the kitchen the past few days since we are trying to stay out of it, by and large. :)

Thanksgiving menu was: turkey with cornbread/sausage stuffing

mashed potatoes and gravy

cranberry and mandarin orange sauce

yeast rolls

mixed vegetables with wine/cheese sauce

layer salad

brownies and cherry cheesecake for dessert ( no pumpkin pie fans here)


brunch: egg, sausage and hashbrown casserole

homemade bread

fruit salad and orange juice



I am creating….. a jesse tree, I hope.....to help celebrate advent. a new kitchen floor ( with the help of my trusty sidekicks, Tim and Noah ( LOL!--they've done most of the work!!)


I am wearing ......black sweats and a hoodie

I am reading.... "The Unredeemed Captive".

I am hoping…..we can get the kitchen TOTALLY done by next weekend

I am hearing....Jed singing. He has so much soul. :)

Around the house…It's funny how ONE extra day can help accomplish so much around here. It was definitely a team work weekend as well. When we all work together we can get so much done in such a short amount of time. I also have to remind myself that, once again, some things just work out without a whole lot of forcing if I have the patience to wait until that happens. And they work out nicely.

We all went out and cleaned up the yard on Saturday. Raking, cleaning up cars, tidying up plants, doing a bit in the garage, picking up debris from the backyard. Noah worked hard to get the rest of the tile up and Tim has been painting away once everyone goes to sleep. One more coat of sealer and we *should* be done. I like it and it was CHEAP.

One of my favorite things: A snowstorm, but it didn't happen. Gabriella saying "Good Morning" when she wakes up!

A few plans for the rest of the week…..I mostly hope to have a quiet and uneventful week. To remind myself, G and J have a dentist appointment on Thursday.

A picture I am sharing with you....."Hello, everyone!"

No comments:




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.