Sunday, July 19, 2009

Daybook July 19, 2009

Some deer seen on the way to the park.


Why the grimace, George?
Ninja moves at Del Taco. The food must be very inspiring.
Ditto from Manny
We're a cheerful bunch, are we not?! ;)


outside my window: sunny and cool

I am thinking......I'm glad I have nowhere to really go this week. Being out of the house for 4 or 5 hours everyday last week took it's toll. Hats off to working mothers! :)

I am thankful . ..Jackson had a good dr's appt on Friday. All is healing well, the stitches are out and he can swim and bathe AND use his hand in a limited manner ( ie: MATH!). No soccer, of course, which caused some despair. :(

From the schoolroom. . .not going to address this subject until next month. :)

From the kitchen ...this morning, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and chicken Parmesan made yesterday for today's dinner.

I am wearing . .black knit capri's, gray print hoodie,


I am reading and watching . .listening on cd "The Barchester Chronicles" by Anthony Trollope

reading: We Two and -

The Unhealthy Truth: Why our food is making us sick and what we can do about it.

I've no doubt this lady is passionate about what she is writing about. I've no doubt what she says is true, it just seems like she is one of those people who grab you by the collar and shout at you about any given subject she feels strongly about. :)

So, the book is a bit off-putting for me. I don't know that there is anything in there that hasn't already been discussed anyway. I'm going to keep trying.

Watched: Northanger Abbey and started Dickens "David Copperfield"

both very good.



I am hearing . ..nothing at all. Manny is sitting very quietly on my lap. Gabriella is sleeping on the couch and Jed is off somewhere.

Around the house. ...it got the main points taken care of yesterday. Hopefully, the laundry room and some yardwork can be addressed tomorrow.

One of my favorite things. ...a long walk. This week I have decided to be a bit selfish and go walking by myself. I do like to include the kids in whatever activities I can, and walking always seemed to be one of them. Lately, though, there is just too much stopping and starting. Someone wants to walk, someone is tired, someone needs a drink, someone who wanted to ride the scooter decided he doesn't want to anymore....etc etc

Of course I will walk with them and call it a stroll but real exercise walking I've decided to do on my own. I pleased to say I've taken at least 5- 45minute to an hour walks this week.

What will we do this week. ... a quiet week, overall. Dyl's musical today, a pre-graduation party meeting later in the week with Neana, graduation party on Saturday and the kids and Tim will go to the Tiger game on Sunday. Oh, and dear Noah arrives home from camp tonight! Yay!


Here’s a picture I am sharing. ....some shots from our new camera Tim found at the thrift for $30! He took the kids out yesterday afternoon so I could have some time to myself......
dinner at Del Taco and the park :)

No comments:




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.