Friday, June 20, 2008

This week's daybook entry ( a little late :)


Outside My Window ... The sun starting to peak through the clouds. Birds chirping merrily.
***
I am thinking ...about how to get the house in ship shape order for Dad's arrival home later today. ( Most urgently is getting the flooded, now unflooded basement cleaned up :(
***
I am thankful for ... a summer break, a less strict routine, time for walks, reading, visits to the park, watching interesting dvds ( this week it has been HBO's John Adams-amazing! and a "Titanic" documentary) without that familiar *rushed* feeling.
***
From the kitchen ... strawberries, strawberries and more strawberries. The kids and I went strawberry picking and made some strawberry rhubarb jam, strawberry freezer jam and strawberry pie. Delish!
***
I am wearing ... black sweat capri's, a light blue pullover and old tennis shoes. I am dressed to clean the basement even though I am avoiding it right now :)
***
I am creating ...summertime schedules, lots of jam, and we all made get well cards for Nan earlier.
***
I am going ...probably to the airport today. I was thinking of adding a trip to the one and only Sonic in Michigan on the way, but we'll see. It'll add another half hour and I hate driving! :) ( even for a cherry limeaide!)
***
I am reading ... "Fragile Paradise" about the Bounty Mutiny written by a descendant of Fletcher Christian, very interesting story. I've also made some progress on "The Children of Kind Henry the 8th"
***
I am hoping ...to start painting the laundry room before it gets too hot again.

I am hearing ... Zak snoring. He had to sleep in the family room because his other room is in the basement.
***
Around the house ... hopefully painting, like I said, hopefully get started on a couple sewing projects as well.

One of my favorite things
...the early morning peace and quiet and ability to tackle things without a lot of interruptions :)
***
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: well, since there is not much left....I think the biggest plan is to get the swingset up once Tim gets home!
***
Here is a picture thought I am sharing~Well, I have more than one. :)




No comments:




Streams of consciousness from a mother of 10 who usually can't collect her thoughts and finds commas a nuisance.